OPB is looking for an Accountant. This is a full-time, represented, non-exempt, regular status position with benefits.
The Accountant is responsible for journal entries, account reconciliations, maintenance of the fixed asset subsidiary ledger and the preparation and processing of cash receipts, accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions.
This position spends the majority of time in the office with extensive use of a computer and telephone. Some overtime may be required to meet deadlines.
- Three years’ experience as an Accounting Technician or equivalent
- Associates degree in Accounting may substitute for one year of experience
- Knowledge of generally accepted finance processes, regulations and controls
- Knowledge and experience with networked accounting software, spreadsheets and word processing
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational, computational, customer service and communication skills
- Adaptable and flexible to demands of workflow and nature of projects
- Ability to establish priorities and work quickly to meet deadlines in a busy environment
- Proactive, oriented to problem solving, teamwork and the constant pursuit of improvement
- Please send an email or letter of interest requesting the instructions on how to apply for this position (Accountant) to firstname.lastname@example.org or OPB Human Resources, 7140 SW Macadam Ave., Portland, OR 97219.
- Instructions on how to apply will be sent within 24 hours of receiving the letter of interest Monday through Friday. If a letter of interest is sent over the weekend or on a holiday, application instructions will be sent by the end of the next business day.
All application materials are due by:
June 2, 2017, 5 p.m. (Pacific Time).
If your organization would like to be added to our contact list for future job openings so you can refer qualified applicants, please email us with your contact information at email@example.com.
OPB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Certain federal and state laws require that job applicants be able to view posters or notices describing specific laws that affect employers. These include the Oregon OSHA Job Safety and Health poster, the federal Equal Employment Opportunity poster, the federal Family and Medical Leave Act poster and the federal Polygraph Protection Act Notice. Although people viewing this section of opb.org may not be job applicants, this is the most readily available location to ensure this information is available to potential job applicants.