OPB seeks an experienced Accounting Technician to join our Finance team. This is a non-exempt, full-time, represented, regular status position with benefits.
The Accounting Technician performs a wide variety of specialized accounting tasks including accounts payable, daily deposit, general ledger, journal entries, acts as an accounting resource to staff in many departments, and creates financial reports and documents using multiple computer applications.
This position typically works 40 hours per week during OPB’s office hours (8AM – 5PM). Occasionally the Accounting Technician will need to be available for additional hours (usually with advance notice). The Accounting Technician works in a typical office environment requiring extended hours working at a computer.
- Two years accounting, bookkeeping, or payroll experience, or associates degree plus one year of accounting experience, including complex accounts payable coding.
- Knowledge of general principles and procedures of accounting.
- Skill to interpret and process financial documents.
- Knowledge and experience with software for accounting, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment (computers, calculators, etc.).
- Data entry skills.
- Excellent organizational, customer service, computational, and communication skills.
- Adaptable and flexible to demands of workflow and nature of projects.
- Proactive, oriented to problem solving, teamwork and the pursuit of improvement.
- Genuine enthusiasm for the services and mission of OPB.
- Please send an email or letter of interest requesting the instructions on how to apply for this position (Accounting Technician) to firstname.lastname@example.org or OPB Human Resources, 7140 SW Macadam Ave., Portland, OR 97219.
- Instructions on how to apply will be sent within 24 hours of receiving the letter of interest Monday through Friday. If a letter of interest is sent over the weekend or a holiday, application instructions will be sent by the end of the next business day.
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Because this position is open until filled, early application is recommended.
This position is open until filled.
If your organization would like to be added to our contact list for future job openings so you can refer qualified applicants, please email us with your contact information at email@example.com.
OPB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Certain federal and state laws require that job applicants be able to view posters or notices describing specific laws that affect employers. These include the Oregon OSHA Job Safety and Health poster, the federal Equal Employment Opportunity poster, the federal Family and Medical Leave Act poster and the federal Polygraph Protection Act Notice. Although people viewing this section of opb.org may not be job applicants, this is the most readily available location to ensure this information is available to potential job applicants.