Digital Platform Developer
OPB is looking for an early career developer to collaborate with our talented digital and content producers on a variety of digital and mobile projects. This exempt position is a full time, regular status position with benefits.
The Digital Platform Developer is involved in development and maintenance of OPB’s online and mobile applications. This position works in a team following agile development methodologies and will be assigned both front-end and back-end development projects.
Extended computer work in shared office space. Schedule is typically during OPB’s business hours (Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm). May need to respond to emergency issues evenings and weekends, and share in the on-call rotation.
- Experience with programming languages and web frameworks, ideally Python and Django.
- Desire to continue learning and developing new skills.
- Ability to work independently, complete tasks on schedule, and manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Good time management skills and attention to detail.
- Motivated by the goals of public media, especially providing quality media experiences for all our members and audiences.
- Experience with SQL and/or NoSQL databases.
- Please send an email or letter of interest requesting the instructions on how to apply for this position (Digital Platform Developer) to firstname.lastname@example.org or OPB Human Resources, 7140 SW Macadam Ave., Portland, OR 97219.
- Instructions on how to apply will be sent within 24 hours of receiving the letter of interest Monday through Friday. If a letter of interest is sent over the weekend or a holiday, application instructions will be sent by the end of the next business day.
- Screening begins March 31, 2017. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Because this position is open until filled, early application is recommended.
This position is open until filled.
If your organization would like to be added to our contact list for future job openings so you can refer qualified applicants, please email us with your contact information at email@example.com.
OPB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Certain federal and state laws require that job applicants be able to view posters or notices describing specific laws that affect employers. These include the Oregon OSHA Job Safety and Health poster, the federal Equal Employment Opportunity poster, the federal Family and Medical Leave Act poster and the federal Polygraph Protection Act Notice. Although people viewing this section of opb.org may not be job applicants, this is the most readily available location to ensure this information is available to potential job applicants.