Director of Engineering
OPB seeks a Director of Engineering to guide us through the maze of rapidly evolving technology and expanding organizational needs, ensuring the technology layer supports and enables OPB to operate in an effective, streamlined and efficient manner. This salaried, exempt position is a full time, regular status position with benefits.
Lead OPB’s Engineering team, including all activities strategic and tactical. Ensure that OPB’s Engineering capabilities are innovative and solution-oriented, meeting our current and future needs. Oversee and manage OPB’s four Regional Chief Engineers and operations staff along with the engineering infrastructure. Facilitate organization-wide short and long-range engineering planning including establishing technical standards, methods and priorities. Ensure excellent engineering services to all OPB departments and locations.
Working conditions are generally within a typical office environment. May include arduous travel and activity outdoors at various transmission sites. Demands upon the position may require working non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends and holidays to troubleshoot or solve critical problems. May need to be available to respond to technical and production emergencies.
- Minimum of seven years relevant experience.
- Must be a creative and visionary thinker with the ability to translate ideas into action.
- Knowledge of planning, technical design, construction, maintenance and operation of all aspects of a broadcast facility.
- Demonstrated experience leading a diverse team to meet organizational goals.
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing complex projects, large budgets, setting and accomplishing goals while managing dynamic priorities.
- Demonstrated skill and successful experience in organizational change and transition management, including creating efficiencies, and implementing new and emerging technologies, including new/revised work processes.
- Ability to explain highly complex technical projects in easy to understand terms to non-technical colleagues.
- Strong supervisory, management and interpersonal skills, including the ability to lead others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to foster a strategic mindset amongst the team with the ability to drive both strategic and tactical efforts as necessary.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of OPB.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working in a broadcast facility or in the broadcast field.
- Familiar with radio and television operations and content creation.
- Strong IT based skills, networking and server setup.
- RF experience.
- Please send an email or letter of interest requesting the instructions on how to apply for this position (Director of Engineering) to firstname.lastname@example.org or OPB Human Resources, 7140 SW Macadam Ave., Portland, OR 97219.
- Instructions on how to apply will be sent within 24 hours of receiving the letter of interest Monday through Friday. If a letter of interest is sent over the weekend or a holiday, application instructions will be sent by the end of the next business day.
All application materials are due by:
March 31, 2017, 5 p.m. (Pacific Time).
If your organization would like to be added to our contact list for future job openings so you can refer qualified applicants, please email us with your contact information at email@example.com.
OPB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Certain federal and state laws require that job applicants be able to view posters or notices describing specific laws that affect employers. These include the Oregon OSHA Job Safety and Health poster, the federal Equal Employment Opportunity poster, the federal Family and Medical Leave Act poster and the federal Polygraph Protection Act Notice. Although people viewing this section of opb.org may not be job applicants, this is the most readily available location to ensure this information is available to potential job applicants.