Information Security Administrator
OPB seeks an Information Security Administrator to implement industry security best practices to protect data/assets from unauthorized use. This salaried, exempt position is a full time, regular status position with benefits.
This position responsible for the implementation of industry security best practices to protect data/assets. These enterprise solutions include, but are not limited to, data centers, data/voice/wireless networks, storage, virtualization, servers, database, applications, disaster recovery, business continuity, and information security. He/she will perform the daily operation and execution of security-related tools, processes and controls related to cyber defense initiatives and will help coordinate and drive remediation of identified risks and control deficiencies.
Typical office environment. Position may require working non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends and holidays to trouble-shoot or solve critical problems. May need to be to be available to respond to technical and production emergencies both locally and at remote offices.
- Minimal 5 years’ Information Technology experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position.
- Certification: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- Certification: Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE).
- Certification: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA). ·
- Experience in analyzing risk of existing and new system architectures and their security policies.
- Experience documenting risks and proposing risk treatment plans for information systems.
- Experience in evaluating operating practices and documenting to confirm if controls and security measures are adequate.
- Experience proposing updates to technical control standards supporting the various platforms, systems, and environments.
- Experience conducting vulnerability testing in all environments (development, test, and production).
- Certification Preferred: GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA).
- Certification Preferred: CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP).
- Knowledge of the following security solutions is a plus: Symantec Suite and Microsoft PKI.
- Familiarity with the IT requirements of broadcast radio or television a plus.
- Please send an email or letter of interest requesting the instructions on how to apply for this position (Information Security Administrator) to email@example.com or OPB Human Resources, 7140 SW Macadam Ave., Portland, OR 97219.
- Instructions on how to apply will be sent within 24 hours of receiving the letter of interest Monday through Friday. If a letter of interest is sent over the weekend or a holiday, application instructions will be sent by the end of the next business day.
All application materials are due by:
Aug. 25, 2017, 5 p.m. (Pacific Time).
If your organization would like to be added to our contact list for future job openings so you can refer qualified applicants, please email us with your contact information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OPB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Certain federal and state laws require that job applicants be able to view posters or notices describing specific laws that affect employers. These include the Oregon OSHA Job Safety and Health poster, the federal Equal Employment Opportunity poster, the federal Family and Medical Leave Act poster and the federal Polygraph Protection Act Notice. Although people viewing this section of opb.org may not be job applicants, this is the most readily available location to ensure this information is available to potential job applicants.