Master Control Operator
OPB is looking for an individual with a passion for evolving technology to join our team of Master Control Operators. This non-exempt regular status represented position is part-time and includes benefits.
The Master Control Operator’s primary responsibility is to maintain an efficient and accurate acquisition and distribution of program materials. The Operator must execute this in a precise and aesthetic manner in compliance with prescribed schedules, OPB standards and FCC guidelines, maintaining the highest technical standards and providing excellent customer service.
Normally works indoors in an environmentally-controlled TV technical center. May be required to work extended periods of time without leaving the work area. Must be able to have a flexible work schedule because of broadcasting needs and events. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds. A typical shift for this position lasts around 8 hours and may include graveyard and overnight shifts with minimal daytime shifts. This position averages 20 hours a week and has opportunities for additional hours occasionally.
- Technologically savvy with a passion for evolving technology.
- One-year professional experience.
- Ability to work in a rapidly evolving technological work environment.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced working environment, take initiative and balance multiple priorities with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and evaluate situations using sound judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Able to make appropriate decisions under stress.
- Must be tactful, maintain harmonious relationships with co-workers in a professional and competent manner.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to interface in a cordial, professional and well-informed manner with OPB staff and the general public.
- Organized and meticulous, oriented to problem solving, teamwork, systematic thinking, constant pursuit of improvement.
- Fluent use of standard computer software tools in business applications (Microsoft Office) and effective database skills.
- Adaptable and flexible to demands of workflow and nature of projects.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of OPB.
Preferred (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attitudes):
- Experience utilizing and maintaining master control automation systems.
- Experience with ingest, preparation and playback of broadcast materials from broadcast servers.
- Technical degree
- Experience with data management.
- Please send an email or letter of interest requesting the instructions on how to apply for this position (Master Control Operator) and where you first learned of this job opening to email@example.com or OPB Human Resources, 7140 SW Macadam Ave., Portland, OR 97219.
- This position is open until filled. Screening begins February 5, 2016.
This position is open until filled.
If your organization would like to be added to our contact list for future job openings so you can refer qualified applicants, please email us with your contact information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OPB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Certain federal and state laws require that job applicants be able to view posters or notices describing specific laws that affect employers. These include the Oregon OSHA Job Safety and Health poster, the federal Equal Employment Opportunity poster, the federal Family and Medical Leave Act poster and the federal Polygraph Protection Act Notice. Although people viewing this section of opb.org may not be job applicants, this is the most readily available location to ensure this information is available to potential job applicants.