Producer/News Anchor, All Things Considered
OPB seeks a Producer/News Anchor for All Things Considered. Serve as an integral part of the All Things Considered team to provide OPB’s version of this daily news magazine. This is a full time, non-exempt, regular status position with benefits.
Produce/edit content, including all elements of newscasts and production during live broadcasts of the show Monday through Friday 3pm to 6:30pm, respond to breaking news coverage as appropriate, and serve as the primary sub for the ATC host. Actively monitor broadcasts and operate/interact with the digital broadcast board and other broadcast equipment during air shift. Work with the news and digital teams, as well as other content creators within OPB. Assist in fundraising responsibilities associated with the program and others, as identified.
This position works in OPB’s Portland studios. A typical shift is weekdays 10am to 7pm (with a one-hour lunch break). There may be a need for some weekday mornings, evenings or weekends during membership drives. They may need to move equipment of up to 40 lbs. Breaking coverage may require longer on-air shifts and flexibility.
- News/journalism experience (professional and/or higher education).
- Experience editing audio for broadcast.
- Experience operating equipment for live broadcast (i.e.: broadcast console).
- Demonstrated ability to deliver newscasts and breaks within a program clock.
- Authentic and engaging on-air reading skills.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of roles (reporters, editors, news director and magazine hosts).
- Excellent writing and listening skills.
- Able to make appropriate decisions under stress.
- Genuine enthusiasm for the services and mission of OPB.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attitudes:
- Experience operating additional equipment related to live broadcasts, such as automation systems, ISDN, mixers, telephone interfaces for live interviews, etc.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to use digital audio recording and editing equipment.
- Technology savvy.
- Familiarity with collaborative tools and wikis, social media tools and experience using content management systems to update internal and external websites.
- Please send an email or letter of interest requesting the instructions on how to apply for this position (ATC Producer/News Anchor) to firstname.lastname@example.org or OPB Human Resources, 7140 SW Macadam Ave., Portland, OR 97219.
- Instructions on how to apply will be sent within 24 hours of receiving the letter of interest Monday through Friday. If a letter of interest is sent over the weekend or a holiday, application instructions will be sent by the end of the next business day.
All application materials are due by:
Nov. 28, 2017, midnight (Pacific Time).
If your organization would like to be added to our contact list for future job openings so you can refer qualified applicants, please email us with your contact information at email@example.com.
OPB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Certain federal and state laws require that job applicants be able to view posters or notices describing specific laws that affect employers. These include the Oregon OSHA Job Safety and Health poster, the federal Equal Employment Opportunity poster, the federal Family and Medical Leave Act poster and the federal Polygraph Protection Act Notice. Although people viewing this section of opb.org may not be job applicants, this is the most readily available location to ensure this information is available to potential job applicants.