OPB is looking for a Product Owner to join our Digital Platform Development team, guiding development on our web, mobile apps, and other platforms. This is a salaried, exempt, full time, regular status position with benefits.
The Product Owner is the technical advocate for our digital platforms ensuring our developers receive the right information and that we deliver the expected results. They also represent the stakeholders, aligning our development work with our digital strategies. The PO is also the first contact for feature requests and bug reports, and is our first-tier support.
Most work is done in an office environment. There will be extended periods using a computer, but the Product Owner is expected to frequently meet and work with other groups around the organization. During incident responses, their work schedule may include off-hours and weekends.
- One year of experience performing the duties of a Product Owner on an Agile development team, or three years working in another capacity on an Agile development team.
- Experience working with web or mobile development teams.
- Background planning projects by writing User Stories and defining the Minimum Viable Product.
- Experience with software development, especially in backend and frontend development on web platforms.
- Proven skills in writing and personal communications.
- Familiarity with ticketing systems, source code repositories, and automated software testing.
- Proven ability to consistently work well with others, demonstrating at all times respect for the diverse constituencies at OPB and within the community.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of OPB.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Classes or certification in development or project management.
- Experience with troubleshooting software applications.
- Please send an email or letter of interest requesting the instructions on how to apply for this position (Product Owner) to email@example.com or OPB Human Resources, 7140 SW Macadam Ave., Portland, OR 97219.
- Instructions on how to apply will be sent within 24 hours of receiving the letter of interest Monday through Friday. If a letter of interest is sent over the weekend or a holiday, application instructions will be sent by the end of the next business day.
All application materials are due by:
Aug. 30, 2017, 5 p.m. (Pacific Time).
If your organization would like to be added to our contact list for future job openings so you can refer qualified applicants, please email us with your contact information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OPB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Certain federal and state laws require that job applicants be able to view posters or notices describing specific laws that affect employers. These include the Oregon OSHA Job Safety and Health poster, the federal Equal Employment Opportunity poster, the federal Family and Medical Leave Act poster and the federal Polygraph Protection Act Notice. Although people viewing this section of opb.org may not be job applicants, this is the most readily available location to ensure this information is available to potential job applicants.