Share this job:
Open Fill-In Positions:
Programming Operations Coordinator
OPB is looking for an enthusiastic public radio/media professional to support the programming operations of OPB’s primary 24/7 audio services: OPB Radio News, KMHD Jazz Radio and possibly opbmusic. This salaried, exempt position is a full-time, regular status position with benefits.
This position maintains station operations working closely with OPB Radio’s Assistant Program Director, KMHD and other identified staff to provide seamless programming and ensure proper training of staff. The number one priority is to serve the listeners attracted to the services in keeping with the strategic imperatives set by OPB leadership.
Most of the position’s work is in an office, studio or other indoor location. This position must be available for meetings, trainings and emergencies outside normal working hours. There may be extended periods of working at a computer.
- Radio/broadcast experience, specifically in operations.
- Two-year technical degree or related college education.
- Working knowledge of broadcast automation systems.
- Continuous learner with the ability to teach others to use new equipment and technology.
- Technologically savvy, with fluent use of business software systems including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and the ability to use content management systems and software tools.
- Strong communication skills, ability to be tactful, maintain harmonious relationships with co-workers and interact in a professional and competent manner.
- Solution oriented to problem solving, teamwork, systematic thinking, and the pursuit of improvement.
- Detail oriented and able to make appropriate decisions under stress.
- Adaptable, flexible, able to carry projects forward independently with appropriate direction and judgment.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced work environment, take initiative and balance multiple priorities with speed and accuracy.
- Genuine enthusiasm for services and mission of OPB.
- Public radio/media experience.
- Broadcast traffic/scheduling experience.
- Experience with ENCO automation system.
- Basic production skills, including mixing consoles and audio editing software.
- Comfort with change and the ability to look ahead and see what is needed and then create steps to make change happen.
- Please send an email or letter of interest requesting the instructions on how to apply for this position (Programming Operations Coordinator) and where you first learned of this job opening to email@example.com or OPB Human Resources, 7140 SW Macadam Ave., Portland, OR 97219.
- Instructions on how to apply will be sent within 24 hours of receiving the letter of interest Monday through Friday. If a letter of interest is sent over the weekend or a holiday, application instructions will be sent by the end of the next business day.
This position is open until filled.
If your organization would like to be added to our contact list for future job openings so you can refer qualified applicants, please email us with your contact information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OPB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Certain federal and state laws require that job applicants be able to view posters or notices describing specific laws that affect employers. These include the Oregon OSHA Job Safety and Health poster, the federal Equal Employment Opportunity poster, the federal Family and Medical Leave Act poster and the federal Polygraph Protection Act Notice. Although people viewing this section of opb.org may not be job applicants, this is the most readily available location to ensure this information is available to potential job applicants.
OPB values our listeners, viewers and readers and the unique blend of ideas and attitudes that they bring to Oregon and the Northwest. We know it is our responsibility to find those who will further our mission by giving voice to our community in all its diversity, and we are wholly committed to doing so.
OPB only accepts resumes for open positions.