Skyline Site Manager
OPB seeks an experienced Site Manager for the Skyline Tower site. This position develops and administers operating and capital budgets, plans and coordinates site maintenance, plans for future upgrades and improvements needed for tenants, implements processes and procedures to meet safety and compliance requirements, coordinates site entry, etc. This salaried, exempt position is a full-time, regular status position with benefits.
- Manage the Skyline tower site, ensuring it is maintained according to the expectations of management and is in compliance with all relevant rules, regulations and laws.
- Develop and administer annual operating and capital budgets as approved by management.
- Maintain regular communication with management, including coordination on site decisions.
- Plan and coordinate site maintenance, repair and upgrades. Maintain documentation.
- Provide basic maintenance for site, equipment inspections, and compliance tracking.
- Coordinate all site entry and security, ensuring the qualifications of vendors and others who visit the site and access the tower. This includes making sure tower climbers have appropriate qualifications and permits.
- Respond to emergencies 24 hours/day, 7 days a week, facilitating appropriate and timely response.
- Facilitate completion and ongoing management of the tower’s emergency action plan.
- Market the site to potential tenants. Respond to inquiries and, as requested, facilitate negotiations.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position spends the majority of time in the building at the transmission site using a computer and telephone. Must be able to provide access to site as needed with the ability to respond promptly 24/7 days a week in emergencies. Must be able to lift or move equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. Potential exposure to high voltages and radio frequency radiation is possible. The work will involve the safe and proper use of hand tools, electronic test equipment, power tools, including chain saws, and appropriate safety gear.
- Five years transmitter or tower site management experience or similar relevant experience.
- Experience preparing, reviewing, and negotiating lease agreements and contracts.
- Understanding of radio or TV transmitter antenna systems and related equipment.
- Experience managing projects and utilizing project management tools..
- Proficient at implementing processes and procedures to meet safety and compliance requirements.
- Experience in developing and managing operating and capital budgets.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Ability to interact with management, independent contractors, temporary employees and the general public in a professional manner.
- Ability to work alone with an appropriate level of resourcefulness, independence, and safety, and ability to be a self-starter.
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide basic repairs for building and technical systems.
- Ability to use hand tools safely.
- Demonstrated organization and time management skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Strong computer skills, especially in Word and Excel, and a capacity to quickly learn new software programs.
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing technological environment.
Preferred Position Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attitudes):
- Marketing experience
- Experience with tenant relations
Please send your resume and a cover letter that provides specific information regarding your experience managing a transmitter or tower site (or similar relevant experience) and your knowledge of radio or TV transmitter antenna systems to firstname.lastname@example.org or OPB Human Resources, 7140 SW Macadam Ave., Portland, OR 97219.
This position is open until filled.
If your organization would like to be added to our contact list for future job openings so you can refer qualified applicants, please email us with your contact information at email@example.com.
OPB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Certain federal and state laws require that job applicants be able to view posters or notices describing specific laws that affect employers. These include the Oregon OSHA Job Safety and Health poster, the federal Equal Employment Opportunity poster, the federal Family and Medical Leave Act poster and the federal Polygraph Protection Act Notice. Although people viewing this section of opb.org may not be job applicants, this is the most readily available location to ensure this information is available to potential job applicants.
OPB values our listeners, viewers and readers and the unique blend of ideas and attitudes that they bring to Oregon and the Northwest. We know it is our responsibility to find those who will further our mission by giving voice to our community in all its diversity, and we are wholly committed to doing so.
OPB only accepts resumes for open positions.