When you become an OPB Volunteer, you can:
- Support public broadcasting.
- Meet dedicated volunteers and staff who share your commitment to public broadcasting.
- Have the opportunity to apply for a variety of short- and long term positions that match your interests, talents and schedule.
- Receive training and gain new skills, from going behind the scenes of fundraising during a membership drive to to making thank you calls to members and more.
- Pursue leadership opportunities through several volunteer positions.
Become an OPB Volunteer
Complete our online application.
If you are 16 years of age or older, and able to volunteer at least six hours during a six-month period, consider one of the ongoing volunteer opportunities below:
Membership Drives *
Answer phones and take pledges, coordinate refreshments and/or train groups of volunteers during OPB Radio or TV membership drives.
Tour Program *
Give tours of the Portland facility to community members over age 16 (minimum age of guide is 18).
Would you be interested in joining our Mailing/Project Team? This group of volunteers is contacted to help with mailings or some other project we just need a few volunteers for a short period of time. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know and we put you on our list!
From time to time our Facilities staff could use a little extra help to get special projects done. It could be helping with landscaping, carpet cleaning, organizing supplies, etc. This group would be contacted about short projects where we just need a few volunteers for a short period of time. Simply email email@example.com to let us know and we put you on our list!
New volunteer positions are continually in development. Each month we send out a listing of current volunteer opportunities to all active volunteers. Available positions may include helping with events, being Clifford the Big Red Dog, or assisting with an ongoing project such as conducting research for one of our local or national TV productions.
* Additional training and leadership opportunities are available.