Author Heidi Durrow, whose book The Girl Who Fell From the Sky is the selection for Multnomah County Library's Everybody Reads program, visited Portland this week to appear on a special live broadcast of Think Out Loud from Literary Arts' new downtown headquarters.
The Girl Who Fell From the Sky tells the story of Rachel, the daughter of a Danish mother and a black G.I. who becomes the sole survivor of a family tragedy.
OPB's Ifanyi Bell talked with Durrow as they walked around the neighborhoods where she grew up and where parts of her debut novel is set. They discussed the experience of multicultural life, the genesis of Durrow's book and growing up in a Portland different from the one we see today.
More to Explore
Heidi Durrow: The Girl Who Fell From the Sky
- Attend: Portland Arts & Lectures Presents Heidi Durrow, Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at 7:30 pm, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, Ticket information
- Attend: Multnomah County Library Everybody Reads 2012: The Girl Who Fell From the Sky Reading Groups & Events
- Listen: Think Out Loud Interview with Heidi Durrow
- Share Your Thoughts: OPB News/Public Insight Network
- The Girl Who Fell From the Sky Think Out Loud