Gerding Theater at the Armory
128 NW Eleventh Avenue
April 8, 2013, 7:30 p.m.
Join Literary Arts’ annual celebration of the state’s most accomplished writers in the genres of poetry, fiction, nonfiction, young readers, and drama. Vanity Fair editor Elissa Schappell will host the ceremony. Tickets at BrownPaperTickets.com. Vote for the 2013 Readers' Choice Award at OregonLive.com/Books.
Oregon Book Awards are available for original work published or produced in the following categories:
- Poetry, including chapbooks of more than 20 pages in length.
- Novel, minimum 40,000 words.
- Short Fiction, including collections and anthologies.
- General Nonfiction, such as biography, history, sciences, nature writing, landscape writing and criticism.
- Creative Nonfiction, such as autobiography, memoir and personal essay.
- Children’s Literature, including poetry, fiction and nonfiction. This includes easy readers and picture-books.
- Young Adult Literature, including poetry, fiction and nonfiction.
- Drama, including full-length and one-act plays; radio, television and screenplays; and one-person productions that are published, or have had a staged reading or full production in a theatre or other official venue. Note: the Drama award is biennial and will be given in 2013. A script must have been published or had its first public performance between August 1, 2010 and July 31, 2012.
- Graphic Literature, (the graphic literature award is biennial and will not be given in 2013)