Reporter and Producer
Conrad Wilson is a reporter and producer for Oregon Public Broadcasting.
Prior to coming to OPB, he was a reporter at Minnesota Public Radio. Before that he ran the news department at an NPR affiliate in Colorado. His work has aired on Marketplace and NPR's Morning Edition and All Things Considered. He has also written for Mashable, The Oregonian, Business Week, City Pages and The Christian Science Monitor.
Conrad earned a degree in international political economics and journalism from the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities.
Conrad is an avid photographer and loves spending time in the snow or on a trail.
In the grand jury transcripts, Portland Police Officer Andrew Hearst said he did not see a gun before he fired three times on 17-year-old Quanice Hayes.
Portland Police Chief Mike Marshman has been placed on paid administrative leave, the mayor's office said late Friday.
Local sheriffs say they are being shamed by the Trump administration for abiding by the U.S. Constitution.
The mother of a 17 year-old African-American teen shot and killed by a Portland Police Officer in February is calling for a federal investigation into the death of her son.
Four defendants who participated in last year's occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge were convicted Tuesday of misdemeanors.
The Oregon State Bar is looking into whether former U.S. Attorney Amanda Marshall violated ethics rules after an inappropriate relationship with a subordinate.
News | Environment | local | PoliticsOPB | March 14, 2017 5:15 p.m. | Portland
A federal judge in Medford, Oregon, ruled Tuesday that several environmental groups can intervene in a lawsuit aimed at preventing the expansion the Cascasde-Siskiyou National Monument.
Federal prosecutors have filed a motion to drop charges against Marcus Mumford, the former attorney for Malheur occupation leader Ammon Bundy.
Federal prosecutors gave a wide-ranging interview to OPB about the lessons they learned from last fall's acquittals and why they think the occupiers don't speak for rural America.
A jury has convicted occupiers Jason Patrick and Darryl Thorn on felony conspiracy charges for their roles in last year’s takeover of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.
U.S. District Court Judge Anna Brown heard evidence Wednesday related to the misdemeanor charges against four defendants linked to last year’s armed occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.
The fate of four occupiers of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge is now up to a 12-person jury.
Defense witnesses in the second trial stemming from last year’s occupation of an Oregon wildlife refuge provided new details and refuted previous testimony about a Dec. 29, 2015, meeting in Burns.
Federal court was packed Monday for what appears to be the final day of the defense’s case in the second trial stemming from last year’s occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.
The defense continued making its case Wednesday morning in U.S. District Court in Portland.
Occupation leader Ammon Bundy confirmed in federal court Tuesday he had a plan to takeover the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.
After five full days of testimony, federal prosecutors in the second Malheur National Wildlife Refuge occupation trial rested their case-in-chief Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Portland.
Blaine Cooper is the first occupier to cooperate with prosecutors by testifying at trial. During cross-examination, the defense sought to discredit Cooper.
While the judge has barred the defense from talking about the acquittals in the first trial while in the jury's presence, it’s possible Bundy could bring it up during his testimony.
Federal employees who worked at the Malheur National Wildlife refuge testified Thursday in U.S. District Court they weren’t able to do their jobs last year because of armed occupiers.