Digital Converter Boxes
Have you been watching your favorite OPB TV programs — for free — over the air with your older TV set, an antenna or rabbit ears? You still can. Not only that, you'll start getting better pictures, better sound and more channels as soon as you go digital.
Do you live in a rural area? Your digital conversion date will likely be later than that of OPB's full-power stations. Find out more.
So how do you make the switch to digital? You don't have to spend a lot of money on a new digital TV. Instead, you can buy a converter box that will convert the digital TV signals into a picture that can be displayed on your analog television.
Once you've hooked up your set-top converter box, you can start watching digital television for free! Your converter box will come with instructions on how to connect it to your TV. For general guidelines, download the following PDFs:
- Converter Box Quick Start Guide from the Consumer Electronics Association
- Connecting Converter Box Cables
- Simple Directions for Converter Boxes
- How to Scan for Channels with Common Converter Boxes
Do you live in a rural area? You'll need a converter box with an analog pass-through feature. Find out more.
- How do I choose the right converter box for my TV?
- Has anyone tested the quality of different converter boxes?