Add those cute little hedgehogs to the list of pets that can make you sick.
In the last year, 20 people were infected by a rare but dangerous form of salmonella bacteria, and one Washington resident died.
Investigators say the illnesses were linked to contact with hedgehogs kept as pets in eight states, including Oregon.
Health officials on Thursday say such cases seem to be increasing.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends thoroughly washing your hands after handling hedgehogs. Also, clean pet cages and other equipment outside. Click for more information from the CDC.
Other pets that carry the salmonella bug are frogs, toads, turtles, snakes, lizards, chicks and ducklings