We now know what killed Cory Monteith, one of the stars of the popular TV series “Glee.” The British Columbia Coroners Service Tuesday said toxicology testing points to a fatal overdose of heroin mixed with alcohol.
Monteith grew up in Victoria, BC. On Saturday, the 31-year-old actor was found dead in a Vancouver, Canada hotel room where he is believed to have stayed alone.
In a statement posted on the web, coroner’s spokeswoman Barbara McLintock says the investigation into Monteith’s death continues. “We should also say at this point, there is absolutely nothing — no evidence — to suggest this is anything other than the most sad and tragic accident.”
In recent months, Cory Monteith discussed with interviewers his struggles with addiction. He said he checked himself into rehab back in April. He also described another stint in treatment when he was 19 years old.
On the Web:
BC Coroner’s Service statement - YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkiyUG6MsrA
Remembering Cory Monteith — Not Finn Hudson In ‘Glee’ - NPR http://www.npr.org/2013/07/15/202170065/remembering-glees-cory-monteith