U.S. Rep. Greg Walden is holding eight town hall meetings across northeastern Oregon and the Columbia Gorge this week.
The eight-county, 571-mile swing kicked off in The Dalles Monday morning at Columbia Gorge Community College, and wraps up Friday morning in Hood River.
He said he’ll provide an update on his activities in Congress and take input from community members.
“While the Congress and the country are facing very difficult, but very important choices going forward, here at home there are many local issues that I’m focused on, as well. Expanding access to broadband in rural areas, boosting our farm and ranch economies, improving management of our federal forests, and taking care of those who wear – or who have worn – our nation’s uniform remain priorities for me,” said Walden.
The schedule, after Monday’s session in The Dalles, includes:
Tuesday, Jan 8
• 12 noon to 1 p.m. – Sherman County Public School Library Program Room, Moro.
• 3-4 p.m. – Veterans Memorial Hall, Condon.
Wednesday, Jan. 9
• 10:30-11:30 a.m. – Fossil School, Fossil.
• 5:30-6:30 p.m. – Mt. Vernon Community Building, Mt. Vernon.
Thursday, Jan. 10
• 2-3 p.m. – Hermiston Convention Center, Hermiston.
• 4:30 -5:30 p.m. – Port of Morrow, Boardman.
Friday, Jan. 11
• 8-9 a.m. – Hood River Senior Center in Hood River.Read more on bluemountaineagle.com.