A new report from the University of San Diego and McGraw Hill Construction reveals five key benefits of green buildings with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) and the Environmental Protection Agency’s Energy Star certifications (based on a survey of building owners and tenants):
- Higher return on investment (4 percent over traditionally managed buildings).
- Higher value (5 percent more than traditional buildings).
- Higher occupancy (5 percent more than traditional buildings).
- More rental income (1 percent more than traditional buildings).
- Happy tenants: 94 percent of those surveyed said they enjoyed the green space and 83 percent said they felt they were in a healthier working environment. Ten percent said they were more productive.
More From Ecotrope
OPB | Feb. 22, 2017