In the news today:
- NPR reports on big solar in California
- A federal grant for $178 million will pay for a smart grid project that could create jobs for the Northwest and improve transmission.
- Some – not all – salmon and steelhead runs are surging this year.
- Drought and bark beetles leave a lot of dead trees in Ashland.
- An energy audit in Benton County helps a farmer make business decisions.
- A good crab season on the Oregon coast.
- Going green – as a renter? L.A. Times has some advise.
- In Puget Sound, 70 percent of the biomass is ratfish. And they're on the rise.