In the news today:
- Genetically altered sugar beets got canned in court.
- BP has downsized clean-up crews in the Gulf by 70 percent over the past month.
- An EPA engineer wants to see study of air quality impacts from hydraulic fracturing.
- A Eugene company’s hand-cranked, electric HumanCar is ready for production.
- NOAA reports on global temps: Warmest July, and warmest year-to-date on record.
- Idaho Game Commission considers a wolf reduction plan, despite ESA listing.
- A new study of wind farm impacts on bats.
- Clark County, Wash., wildfire grew to 60 acres Sunday.
- What are the environmental impacts of the cruise ship industry?