Check out the highlights of a daylong conference on new ideas in conservation. I pulled in the best of the Twitter stream from Saturday's Conservation Remix in Seattle.
The 12 speakers shared a tremendous amount of information in their 15-minute talks, but you can get the gist of their ideas just by reading the Twitter stream from the event.
Using Storify, I curated the major bullet points from each of the talks, as Tweeted by conference attendees.
I left the conference wondering what the world would look like if more people were implementing the ideas proposed by speakers:
- Building closed-loop indoor farms making beer, veggies and energy
- Eating invasive species,
- Using genetically engineered crops for environmental benefits
- Putting plants on their roofs
- Using sunlight instead of light bulbs
- Studying the planet in gigapixels
- Using nature’s technology to solve problems
- Maximizing energy efficiency
- Reshaping their corporations to account for environmental costs and benefits, and
- Capturing carbon emissions in concrete.
See what you think:
« 12 Reasons To Follow Me Today
Two Emmy-Winning Oregon Field Guide Shows »
blog comments powered by
Browse Archives by Date