Good morning, it’s Wednesday, July 2. Here are this morning’s headlines:
- A red flag warning takes effect at midday for Central and Northeastern Oregon, as thunderstorms roll over the region.
- Electronic cigarettes are now banned in Hillsboro parks. The city council voted 5-1 to pass the measure, which includes the Hillsboro Hops Stadium.
- A teen died at Wildwood Falls after trying to save his younger brother. The brother survived. The falls are a popular, but dangerous swimming hole southeast of Dorena Lake.
- Bend’s mayor says the city should chip in to fix Mirror Pond.
- An Arizona cat that survived nearly a month inside a shipping container will be returned to her owners after the holiday. “Lucky” was discovered after traveling more than 1,000 miles from Mesa, Arizona to Grants Pass.