Good morning, it’s Wednesday, April 30. Here are this morning’s headlines:
- Wednesday is the last day to sign up for health care through Cover Oregon. Oregonians have until the end of the day to apply or may face a tax penalty.
- Portland city commissioners will consider asking local households to pay an $8 to $12 fee per year to cover costs of road repairs.
- Deschutes County commissioners denied a proposal to change zoning between city limits and Bend Municipal Airport from exclusive farm use to agriculture, which would have allowed developers to build houses. Commissioners said the property should be kept open for farm use and not used for home construction.
- Eugene voters may weigh in later this year on a property tax that would help pay for their public libraries.
- Beaverton schools are asking voters to approve a $680 million construction bond in May’s upcoming election.