Good morning, it Wednesday, April 9. Here are this morning’s headlines:
- A plan to arm teachers in Eagle Point will be discussed at a public forum tonight. The school district’s Weapon Safety Committee invites parents and community members to share their opinions.
- Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton spoke to a Portland audience Tuesday night as part of the World Affairs Council series on “Women Changing the World.”
- Northwest Pipeline officials say the gas explosion at Plymouth in Eastern Washington was caused by a pressure vessel rupture.
- The Gladstone Police Department is ending its K-9 program. Officials announced the end of the program Tuesday after the city’s only K-9 handler stepped earlier this week.
- In Seaside Monday, around 80 protesters gathered outside the Adolescent Sexuality Conference.