Good morning, it’s Friday July 18. Here are this morning’s headlines:
- At 10:15 Friday morning, Gov. John Kitzhaber and GOP governor candidate Dennis Richardson will face off at the gubernatorial debate. The debate isn’t open to the public, but it’s available through streaming on KATU.
- OSU-Cascades has submitted its final argument in support of plans to build a campus on Bend’s west side. A decision is expected in about three weeks.
- Oregon’s GOP is walking away from a candidate with a criminal past. Casey Runyan reached out to state GOP leadership for support after winning the Republican primary for House District 9 in Southern Oregon.
- A former police officer, Steven Zelich, accused of killing two women and dumping their bodies in suitcases on a highway pleaded not guilty. One of the victims was a Cottage Grove woman.
- A dispute in Springfield over service dogs entering a convenience store is headed for a labor judge.