Good morning, it’s Wednesday, Nov. 19. Here are this morning’s headlines:
- Two Jackson County farm owners filed suit over the voter-approved ban on genetically modified crops. They are asking a state court to overturn it or to force the county to pay a total of $4.2 million, which they claim is the value of the crop they would have to destroy.
- Portland’s Sellwood Bridge is closed to drivers, bicyclists and pedestrians until Friday, Nov. 21. Highway 43 will remain open.
- Clark County commissioners approved an ordinance that forbids people from soliciting in streets, after months of discussions and a complete overhaul of the original ordinance.
- A 10-member legislative committee has been appointed to determine what’s next for the state’s health care exchange, Cover Oregon.
- A $2 million redevelopment of Oregon Tech’s John F. Moehl Stadium Sport Field is planned for 2015 to repurpose it for both track and soccer.