Good morning, it’s Friday, Aug. 25. Here are this morning’s headlines:
- Jesse Helt, the now-famous Oregon homeless man who accepted Miley Cyrus’ VMA, turned himself into to Polk County jail. He has since been released on bail.
- Portland’s high temperatures this summer make this the hottest summer since 2009.
- Wildfire smoke in Bend caused air quality to drop to dangerous levels for people with heart and breathing conditions.
- Eugene’s City Hall is scheduled to be demolished next week despite protests outside of the building. The city officials plan to spend $15 million on a new City Hall rather than renovating the original 50-year-old building.
- The University of Oregon dropped five student conduct charges against a female student for a sexually suggestive comment she shouted at two other students earlier this summer, according to Foundation for Individual Rights in Education.
- Hundreds attended a memorial service for a Cedar Mill mother who was murdered outside of an apartment complex.