Good morning, it’s Thursday, Aug. 28. Here are this morning’s headlines:
- Increasing state revenues could trigger the “kicker” rebate for Oregon taxpayers.
- Lightning-caused wildfires burning near Oakridge have caused officials to put 85 homes on evacuation alert as of Wednesday night.
- A man suspected to have shot and wounded a Klamath County sheriff’s deputy during a traffic stop was arrested early Thursday morning.
- A federal judge denied a request to stop emergency water releases intended to help salmon in the Klamath Basin survive the drought.
- A federal appeals court dismissed the National Organization for Marriage’s effort to appeal an Oregon court ruling that allows same sex marriage.
- Police are searching for three recent Umatilla residents in connection to a triple homicide in south Benton County, Washington, which occurred earlier this month.