Good morning, it’s Friday, May 23. Here are this morning’s headlines:
- Police raided a home in Northeast Portland early Friday morning, targeting biker club members and a white supremacist group to shut down suspected drug dealing and gun trafficking. Seven adults have been detained for questioning, police said.
- Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife officials are considering fee increases on licenses and tag fees and cuts in staffing to make up a $32 million gap for 2015-2017 biennium.
- The St. Charles Health System hopes to begin a $22 million renovation on its hospital in Bend this fall.
- Senators Ron Wyden and Jeff Merkley are urging the NFL to change the Washington Redskins’ name.
- Bend is the fastest growing city in Oregon and the 35th fastest growing city in the country, according to the U.S. Census.
More From OPB News Blog
OPB | Feb. 22, 2017