Good morning, it’s Monday, Aug. 18. Here are this morning’s headlines:
- Sen. Peter Courtney proposes a major bond funding increase to update Oregon school buildings that have high or very high risk of collapse during an earthquake.
- TriMet is offering free MAX light rail rides throughout Portland Monday.
- The University of Oregon Board of Trustees says it will take about a year — maybe longer — to find a new university president.
- To cut down the number of crashes involving a car and a deer in northern Klamath County, state officials are designing a new wildlife overpass. The overpass will be installed south of Crescent.
- Crook County Sheriff’s Office gained a new drug detection K-9 after the community raised $22,000 to purchase the 15-month-old black Labrador.