Good morning, it’s Friday, June 6. Here are this morning’s headlines:
- Classes are canceled Friday at Seattle Pacific University, following a shooting that killed one and wounded two in a campus building. An SPU student managed to disarm a suspected gunman Thursday afternoon.
- The new Oregon World War II Memorial will be dedicated today, the 70th anniversary of D-Day, at the State Capitol in Salem.
- La Pine plans to pour $7 million into its urban renewal plan over the next 20 years.
- Bend is revisiting a plan to make the city friendlier to bicyclists and pedestrians, starting with the center of the city.
- Oregon universities are about to start operating independently after a century of operating in a centralized system.
- An email message from Eugene’s mayor expressed concerns about the treatment of the female victim in UO’s sex assault case, the Register Guard reported after obtaining documents related to the incident.
Editor’s note: This story has been updated with the latest information about the SPU shooting.