Good morning, it’s Monday, June 23. Here are this morning’s headlines:
- The man charged with killing one person and wounding two others in a shooting at Seattle Pacific University will be arraigned today on charges of murder, attempted murder and assault.
- The Bryant Mountain Fire near Klamath Falls covers about 1,250 acres and was only 5 percent contained as of Saturday afternoon.
- Two small, homemade explosive devices detonated in Aloha with one injuring a woman and the other damaging a mailbox.
- All mussel harvesting will be closed this year on the Oregon Coast, from the Columbia River to the California border, due to elevated levels of paralytic shellfish toxins.
- Fireworks sales season starts today. Legal fireworks are those purchased from Oregon-permitted fireworks retailers and stands. About 746 retail fireworks permits have been issued in the state this year.