Good morning, it’s Tuesday, May 6. Here are this morning’s headlines:
- Three University of Oregon basketball players will not be charged for alleged sexual assaults in March, Lane County’s Chief Deputy District Attorney Patty Perlow said Monday evening.
- Gov. John Kitzhaber is gaining national attention after he performed CPR on an unconscious woman in downtown Portland Monday night. The woman was later taken to the hospital, and she is expected to live.
- Bend is considering affordable housing, although the city will not make it a permanent program after complaints by construction and real estate groups.
- Eugene may change its land use codes to allow homeowners to build up to 8-foot fences to keep deer out of residential yards.
- The Oregon Health Authority says 142 cities and 26 counties in Oregon have imposed medical marijuana dispensary moratoriums in compliance with state law.