local | Washington Landslide

3 More Identified In Oso Landslide

AP | April 17, 2014 8 a.m.

Contributed By:

AP

Part of Series:

Authorities have identified three more bodies pulled from the debris of the mudslide that swept through the Washington town of Oso last month, leaving four names left on the list of the missing.

The Snohomish County medical examiner’s office said Thursday it has now identified all 39 victims it has received.

The latest are 4-year-old Wyatt M. Ruthven of Arlington, 64-year-old Sandra K. Miller of Everett, and 52-year-old Ronald P. Dequilettes of Arlington. All died of multiple blunt force injuries.

The March 22 slide buried dozens of homes in the community 55 miles northeast of Seattle. Steady rain Thursday is complicating the search and recovery effort, and officials worry about rising water from the North Fork of the Stillaguamish River.Authorities have identified three more bodies pulled from the debris of the mudslide that swept through the Washington town of Oso last month, leaving four names left on the list of the missing.

The Snohomish County medical examiner’s office said Thursday it has now identified all 39 victims it has received.

The latest are 4-year-old Wyatt M. Ruthven of Arlington, 64-year-old Sandra K. Miller of Everett, and 52-year-old Ronald P. Dequilettes of Arlington. All died of multiple blunt force injuries.

The March 22 slide buried dozens of homes in the community 55 miles northeast of Seattle. Steady rain Thursday is complicating the search and recovery effort, and officials worry about rising water from the North Fork of the Stillaguamish River.

older
« As Search Continues In Oso, Officials Make Plans To Open Highway 530

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow us
Thanks to our Sponsors:
become a sponsor
Thanks to our Sponsors
become a sponsor