Celebrate with an Inside Look at Local Public Broadcasting
OPB will open its doors to the community on Saturday, May 10, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. for its annual Open House celebration. The day’s festivities will include refreshments, OPB personalities, prizes and more.
The Open House will take place at OPB headquarters located at 7140 SW Macadam Avenue in Portland, Ore. The event will feature activities for the entire family. Guests will have the opportunity to:
• Meet OPB TV and radio personalities.
• Take photos with Buddy the Dinosaur. Be sure to bring a camera.
• Get a behind-the-scenes look at OPB with a tour of the studios.
• Spin the prize wheel to win a variety of great items.
• Get creative with crafts for kids.
• Enjoy live music with Oregon Art Beat, featuring a cappella group “Divisi.”
For more information about the OPB Open House, please visit www.opb.org/openhouse.
For directions to OPB, please visit: www.opb.org/about/directions. Find additional free parking on nearby streets and at 6720 SW Macadam Avenue. Metered parking is available at Willamette Park.
OPB is the largest cultural and education institution in the region, delivering excellence in public broadcasting to 1.5 million people each week through television, radio and the Internet. Widely recognized as a national leader in the public broadcasting arena, OPB is a major contributor to the program schedule that serves the entire country. OPB is one of the most-used and most-supported public broadcasting services in the country and is generously supported by members across Oregon and Southwest Washington. For more information, please visit www.opb.org.