Oregon Public Broadcasting (OPB) will open its doors to the community on Saturday, May 11th from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. for its annual Open House celebration. The day’s festivities will include refreshments, OPB personalities, prizes and more.
The OPB open house will take place at OPB headquarters located at 7140 SW Macadam Avenue in Portland. The event will feature activities for the entire family. Guests will have the opportunity to:
- Meet favorite OPB TV and radio personalities.
- Take photos with Clifford the Big Red Dog® - be sure to bring a camera!
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at OPB with a tour of the studios.
- Spin the prize wheel to win a variety of great items.
- Enjoy Hawaiian music and hula dancing as Oregon Art Beat tapes the Ka Lei Hali’a O Ka Lokelani Hula School dancers accompanied by 2012 Nā Hōkū Hanohano Male Vocalist of Year, Kuana Torres Kahele.
- Get creative with crafts for kids.
For more information about the OPB open house, please visit http://www.opb.org/openhouse.
For directions to OPB, bus information and a map of the OPB parking lots, please visit: http://opb-static.s3.amazonaws.com/docs/about/directions.pdf.
Additional parking can be found on nearby streets (free) or in Willamette Park (metered).
OPB is the largest cultural and education institution in the region, delivering excellence in public broadcasting to 1.5 million people each week through television, radio and the Internet. Widely recognized as a national leader in the public broadcasting arena, OPB is a major contributor to the program schedule that serves the entire country. OPB is one of the most-used and most-supported public broadcasting services in the country and is generously supported by members across Oregon and Southwest Washington.