The Art of Collecting Art
View Related Episode: The Art of Collecting Art
In this half hour Oregon Art Beat Special, Producer KC Cowan explores why Portland (and Oregon) is such a great market for original art, why people collect, and how to get started yourself!
First Broadcast: 2009
Producer: KC Cowan
- ReSaleArt.com — Contact Bev Hecht-Levy online or at 503-310-9507 for consigning and selling original, gently used art.
- Amy Caplan Art Design — Representing local Portland artists, 1102 NW 10th Avenue, Portland.
- Laura Russo Gallery — 805 NW 21st Avenue, Portland
- Hallie Ford Museum — Open from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday, and 1-5 p.m. on Sunday. The Museum is located at 700 State Street, Salem, Oregon.
- Mark Woolley Gallery — 817 SW 2nd Avenue, Portland
- TheArtCounselor.com — Duane Snider, art counseling for new buyers.
- CaroSimsArtist.com — Bold botanical acrylic paintings.
- Portland Art Museum Rental Sales Gallery — More than 250 artists are represented in the Gallery, all artwork is original and juried.