close

Union's Volunteer Album

 

Union City Park and Gazebo

City Center

Back in 1917, Samuel and Ester Purcel donated the land for a city park. The members of the Union Women's Club worked with Merton Davis to design the park facilities, including a gazebo, drinking fountain, and lights for evening strolls. The wooden gazebo eventually had to be torn down. In 2005, the town's varsity basketball team built a replica of the original gazebo with one small change: a wheelchair ramp.

 

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9      « PREVIOUS NEXT »