Last month State of Wonder teamed up with the musicians of the Oregon Symphony. (Lovely people!) Each year, in between their formal performance schedule, they stage a series of informal concerts called Classical Up Close. The one we participated in took place at the Brunish Theatre in Portland.
- The Symphony’s associate concertmaster, Peter Frajola
- Principal Trumpet Jeff Work
- Assistant principal 2nd violinist Ines Voglar
- Zachariah Galatis, piccolo
- Percussionist Michael Roberts
- Ted Bottsford, double bass
- Kate Munagian, double bass
Our promise to the audience was to deliver: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Classical Music but Were Afraid To Ask. The file at the top of this page is the edited version you heard on the show. At the bottom of this page, you'll find the complete audio from the program. Follow the musicians on Facebook if you want to stay in the loop for stuff like this in the future.
The Oregon Symphony plays one of its last shows of this season this weekend. Joshua Bell is visiting, and will solo in a program featuring Sibelius: Violin Concerto in D minor. Stravinsky’s Firebird is also on the bill.