Update: As of late Saturday morning, Portland had lifted the boil water notice.
The Portland Water Bureau announced this morning that there is now a boil water notice in effect for all water bureau customers. Until further notice, all Portland Water Bureau customers and those in the affected areas should boil all tap water used for drinking, food preparation, tooth brushing and ice for at least one minute.
All Portland Water Bureau customers are affected. Also affected are customers of the following water providers:
- Burlington Water District
- City of Gresham (North of I-84)
- Lake Grove Water District * Lorna Portland Water
- Palatine Hill Water District
- Rockwood Water District
- Tigard Water Service Area (including Durham, King City and Bull Mountain)
- Valley View Water District
- West Slope Water District
“While we believe at this time that the potential health risk is relatively small, we take any contamination seriously and are taking every precaution to protect public health,” said Portland Water Bureau Administrator David Shaff in a press release.
We will bring you more information from the Portland Water Bureau press conference at noon.
Note: You can hear our News Roundtable guests and others, including Commissioner Nick Fish, react to the boil water notice in our News Roundtable segment.