What else should you know about Oregon’s newest arachnid? We talked to spider expert Greta Binford to find out.
1. The Cryptomaster behemoth’s proportions don’t quite match the species’ epic name.
2. Cryptomaster behemoths aren’t actually spiders at all — but their dining habits are just as terrifying.
3. There’s a lot of biodiversity in Oregon and new species are being discovered all the time.
4. In fact, there are plenty of little-known arachnids to be found right in your back yard.
5. And you don’t have to be a professional to discover a new arachnid.
Listen to Dave Miller’s full interview with Greta Binford here.