It’s Friday, and so it’s time for another news roundtable, our chance to review the big news of the week with a panel of journalists, editors and news watchers.
This week we are looking at:
- What to expect from the 2013 Oregon Legislature
- Gov. Kitzhaber’s call for a ballot measure to repeal the death penalty
- National and local gun control proposals
- Oregon sheriffs who say they won’t enforce any new gun laws
What news stories have you been following this week?
- David Sarasohn: Columnist for The Oregonian
- Jim Pasero: Principal for public affairs company Third Century Solutions
- Barbara Dudley: Senior policy adviser of the Oregon Working Families Party and adjunct assistant professor of Political Science at Portland State University