It’s Friday and that means it’s time for our news roundtable, where we take a look at some of the biggest stories of the week with a rotating panel of journalists and other news watchers.
This week our discussion topics include:
- A potential federal challenge to Oregon’s Coordinated Care Organizations, fundamental to state health care reform
- The beheading of American journalist James Foley
- A proposal by a Portland city commissioner to impose social and environmental standards on the public investment portfolio
What stories have you been following this week?
- Barbara Dudley: Senior policy adviser for the Working Families of Oregon; adjunct assistant professor at Portland State University
- Eric Fruits: Portland-based economist
- Brent Walth: Managing editor of Willamette Week