It’s Friday, so it’s time for the news roundtable, our chance to review the big news of the week with a panel of journalists, editors and news watchers.
This week, our discussion topics include:
- The Bradley Manning sentence
- The disclosure that the NSA collected data on communication between Americans
- Oregon Treasurer Ted Wheeler and Senate President Peter Courtney’s reactions to an Oregon-only approach to the Columbia River Crossing
- Curry County and Polk County again ask residents for property tax increases to help pay for law enforcement
- The City of Portland floats the possibility of a carbon tax
What stories are you following this week?
- Knute Buehler: Former candidate for Oregon Secretary of State
- Paul Gronke: Political science professor at Reed College
- Sarah Mirk: Online Editor at Bitch Media