It’s Friday, and it’s time for our news roundtable, where we take a look at some of the biggest stories of the week with a rotating panel of journalists and other news watchers.
This week our discussion topics include:
- The apology issued this week from the Multnomah County Republican Party about a gun raffle to honor Martin Luther King, Jr. and Abraham Lincoln
- The Oregonian‘s announcement that the paper will change to a smaller format in April
- The biggest liberal super PAC’s decision to back Hillary Clinton, who has not yet declared her decision to run for president in 2016
What news stories were you following this week?
- Eric Fruits: Portland-based economic consultant and adjunct professor of urban economics at Portland State University
- Lisa Loving: News editor of The Skanner
- Anna Staver: State politics reporter for the Statesman Journal