It’s Friday, and it’s time for our news roundtable, where we take a look at some of the biggest stories of the week with a rotating panel of journalists and other news watchers.
This week our discussion topics include:
- Charlie Hales’s top priorities for 2014
- The Obama Administration’s slow progress on its promise to close the prison at Guantanamo Bay
- The Supreme Court’s decision to block the Affordable Care Act’s requirement that religious institutions provide insurance that includes birth control
- Bridget Barton: Principal at Third Century Solutions
- Sarah Mirk: Online Editor at Bitch Media
- Jim Moore: Director of the Tom McCall Center for Policy Innovation at Pacific University