It’s time for a special Thursday edition of the news roundtable, where we take a look at some of the biggest stories of the week with a rotating panel of journalists and other news watchers. Since Thursday is the deadline for initiative campaigns to file the signatures they need to qualify for the November ballot, we’ll also be talking about the issues you could be voting on this fall.
This week our discussion topics include:
- Supreme Court decisions on closely held companies and union dues
- President Obama’s declaration that he will use executive power for immigration reform
- GMO labels, recreational marijuana, and many other measures seeking to qualify for the 2014 ballot
What stories have you been following this week?
- Anna Staver: State politics reporter for the Statesman Journal
- Denis Theriault: News Editor at the Portland Mercury
- Erik Lukens: Editorial and commentary editor at The Oregonian