It’s Friday and that means it’s time for our news roundtable, where we take a look at some of the biggest stories of the week with a rotating panel of journalists and other news watchers.
This week our discussion topics include:
- The controversy surrounding American POW Bowe Bergdahl, who was released in a prisoner exchange May 31
- The decision to withdraw a petition for an Oregon ballot measure proposing privatized liquor sales
- The ongoing debate over Portland’s proposed street fee
What stories have you been following this week?
- Anna Staver: State politics reporter for the Statesman Journal
- Denis Theriault: News Editor at the Portland Mercury
- Stephen Griffith: Retired partner at Stoel Rives