It’s Friday and that means it’s time for our news roundtable, where we take a look at some of the biggest stories of the week with a rotating panel of journalists and other news watchers.
This week our discussion topics include:
- Oregon Senator Ron Wyden throwing his support behind California Senator Feinstein’s criticism of the CIA
- The U.S. response to the continuing unrest in Ukraine and Russia’s efforts to assert itself in the former Soviet republic
- A look at who’s in and who’s out in various state and local races after Tuesday’s filing deadline for the May ballot
What stories have you been following this week?
- Elizabeth Hovde: Columnist for The Oregonian
- Sarah Mirk: Online editor at Bitch Media
- Ron Tammen: Director of the Hatfield School of Government at Portland State University